Yay! I have just received two simultaneous nominations for this award and am VERY excited! I must thank thejennymacbookblog.wordpress.com and mariwells.wordpress.com, two wonderful Queens of Blogging Awesomeness. Seriously. You must check them out.
Now, I get to pass on the good cheer. But first, there are a few rules to adhere to:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay, so the logo is firmly in place and quite pretty, I must add. My lovely nominators have been thanked and linked to. Now I must share 7 things about me. I must warn you in advance that they will likely be very random.
1. I currently have Hickory Sticks breath. When I burp, it tastes really good. I haven’t had them in years and had forgotten how damn salty they are. My tongue feels like I’ve attacked it with an SOS pad. But without the blue soapy stuff. That would make me look like a rabid Smurf. For some reason, I have just been reminded of an episode of Seinfeld. ”Damn, these pretzels are making me thirsty.”
2. I love to collect Vintage pop culture and advertising icons. As you know, I am a Canadian. Up here, when we hear the name “Hostess” we think of a potato chip company with two lumpy mascots called “munchies.” We rarely eat Twinkies. We can get them here, but I think the only people that buy them are Americans seeking a slice of home. Despite our lack of Hostess pastry-cravings, I did go out in search of pop culture memorabilia when I heard of the company’s demise. What did I find? A twinkie holder dressed like a cowboy. Twinkie holders? Seriously? I can’t imagine eating so many twinkies that I need a special holder for them. Oh well.
3. I am, perhaps, the only person that really enjoyed the advertising campaign starring Arby’s Oven Mitt. And the Leon’s ad about “rows and rows of sofa bushes.” (I bet no one remembers that one).
4. I LOVE cars and auto shows. I long for a bright blue 67 Mustang fastback, so I could do the vintage auto circuit. But I’d also like a Citroen DS–just because. Or a Karmann Ghia. Or an old Datsun 280.
But I don’t want to be parked near the El Caminos. They scare me.
5. My husband and I are barbecue opposites. He hates barbecued food. Seriously. I, on the other hand, love food with lines on it (you know…from the grill). Baked potatoes on the bbq are the best. But our household remains barbecue-free. And my food remains free of lines.
6. I remember throwing up grape soda a lot when I was a kid. I wonder why my parents kept giving it to me. I was also convinced that tow trucks broke cars. It made perfect sense. Every time I saw a broken car, there was a tow truck involved.
7. I love beet tops. I hate beets though. I just grow them for the tops. But then the #%&* goldfinches come along and eat them. Good thing their cute…the birds. Not the beet tops. Fiddleheads are delicious too. And while I’m on the subject of vegetables, I must ask a question. Why on earth would anyone buy a canned vegetable? Short of stocking a nuclear fallout shelter, I can’t imagine ever opting for a canned pea. A fresh or frozen pea, at least, still resembles and tastes like a pea. A frozen one looks like a mushy booger and tastes like tin water. The only veggie that seems to weather the canning process fairly well is the canned potato. Maybe I just like them because they are small and cute (like me…hehe). And much less intimidating than their large Russet cousins.
And now, 15 other bloggers that are VERY inspiring!!
I could probably nominate 15 more, but rules are rules. I must now reward my hickory stick-damaged tongue with a glass of cold and, most importantly, WET water.